January 17, 2008

Huge Vocabulary

Jack has an amazingly huge vocabulary! He can't say many of the words, but he understands hundreds. I asked him if he wanted to give Dancer a treat, he immediately ran to the laundry room door and when the door was opened tried to open the right drawer. When given the treat he carefully carried it out the living room and gave it to Dancer.
He is working hard on speaking many of the words too, and gets impatient when I don't understand. Like all good Americans he just says things louder and louder hoping that I will eventually understand.
He also knows what he wants, when he wants it. Jack ate another huge breakfast (fruit and oatmeal) and played with us til around 9. Then he told me "ni ni" and then "ba ba" pointing at the microwave. When I started getting his bottle out he ran to get his little blankie and then sat on the floor and pointed at his shoes saying "off". What a little genius! Also what a little sweetie. Off to bed and he went right to sleep while I of course am taking the opportunity to rest up for the remainder of the day :-).
Jack has learned to make that frowny face work for him too. When something doesn't work (like his cell phone), he tried to make it work and then hands it to me with the frowny face. When I put it in the charger and it starts beeping, he is all smiles. [Joan]

No comments: