Jack was quite the personality here today. You know his obsession with phones, and we have one that is his. Not connected to the phone system, but it does have a charger so it gives some satisfying beeps and lights. He was playing with it and put it down and forgot where it was. When he started looking for it. I asked him "where is your phone Jack?" and the little genius walks over to the charger, presses the "page" button, follows the beeping sound to the phone under the table and then calmly pushes the correct button to make the phone quit beeping! Now granted, he had been playing with the "page" button, and I had showed him how to turn off the phone beeping, but sheesh! That little cookie is smart!
Then in the afternoon after his nap we went up to the mall and the indoor play area (and the toy store) which he really enjoyed. When we got home he told me he wanted a bath, so upstairs we went. When he was stripped he was kind of swiveling his hips (like Elvis) and looking like he was trying to aim that little water pistol so I asked him if he wanted to go potty. Last week when he took a bath he deliberately peed on my sandals as soon as he got his diaper off. Jack looked interested so I put him on the toilet and he very deliberately peed. It was clearly on purpose! He was sooooo proud and I made a big deal out of it.
This morning Jack ate a good breakfast as soon as he got here...his favorite oatmeal and mango pudding. He didn't eat a huge amount, but a respectable bowl full of each. He was then playing around with us and his toys about an hour later when he quite suddenly stopped, hurried into the kitchen calling "eat, eat, eat" and trying to climb into his chair. I didn't have lunch ready, so warmed up the rest of the oatmeal for him. He couldn't eat fast enough! Jack kept making the sign for more, more, more, until he finished all the oatmeal. He was still signing more, so I got him more mango pudding and he ate that too. It was really funny, like he was struck by lightning...."hey, I'm still hungry!" and just dropped everything to fill up.
Jack is so much fun to have over, and I feel like we are really connecting every time he is here. Lots of playtime and books. Jack seems to feel more comfortable with us every week, and we are falling into routines that all of us enjoy. This morning Ken was drinking his quadruple espresso when Jack walked over and stuck his finger into the foam and took a taste. Jack then made a loud, dramatic, "EUUUUWWWW" sound and walked over to the towel to make a huge big deal about wiping his finger clean. Tooooo funny. [Joan]
January 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment