March 14, 2008

I've Got a Chocolate Bunny, La La La

Kiva was our darling again yesterday. I had Weavers group here at my house in the morning, and they all think she is a true angel. She was very quiet while we had the meeting, playing in her "house", sitting in my lap, looking at the weaving samples being passed around. Then Ken and I took her with us to the Nugget market in Roseville; we wanted to try their organic beef. Kiva held my hand all through the store, and Ken bought her a dark chocolate rabbit covered with gold foil and with a fancy ribbon. It was soooo entertaining to see her unabashed and triumphant glee at her score. She held it in the store and the clerk gave her a little bag, which she thanked her for most prettily. Then all the way home she was making up impromptu songs about her bunny "I've got a chocolate bunny, la la la, Grampa bought me a fancy bunny, tra la la, I love my chocolate bunny." It was hilarious, and this was all before she was allowed to actually eat any of it. I had her put it in her bag for home and she ate a good dinner just before Dad picked her up. When Dad got here, he was talking to Ken and Kiva was asking if she could eat her bunny. I told her "not yet", and she said politely "My Dad is here and he is the boss". Of course she was absolutely right, and so we waited and she asked Dad if she could eat her bunny and was allowed to eat the ears. Ok, I know this is all trivial, but I find it so entertaining. Kiva is a little love and we enjoy her visits tremendously. [Joan]

No comments: