We went to a Japanese restaurant for lunch. I put some of the tofu from the miso soup on Kiva's plate and she said "oh, I love tofu" and ate it right up, using her chopsticks! The waiter had rubber banded them together at one end for her. She wouldn't try the miso soup until I told her it tasted like tofu, then she drank the whole bowl. She was a little sweetie again yesterday, and the grumpy grampa was heard to say last night after she left that she was an "enchanting" child. Kiva ate well, slept well, and we had a long laughing soak in the hot tub in the rain. She has learned many of her letters and I told her that when she knows them all we will do something special, maybe a train ride. Also, I have some lovely Madame Alexander dolls, the characters from Little Women, and I told her when she can read the book the dolls are hers to take home. Kiva really is a very very intelligent little girl even if I am a biased grammie. When we read stories, she will stop me at any word she doesn't know and wait for a definition.
Hope Jack is feeling better and I get to see him today. I really noticed how much he pays attention to his big sister last Wednesday. He is learning a lot by watching and trying to do everything she does. His language is really moving along. When he was finished with his snack on the way home I heard a loud "all gone" from the back seat. [Joan]
December 7, 2007
Oh, I Love Tofu
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment