July 24, 2007

But, Grandpa...

Ken said he was going to take a shower, and Kiva immediately jumped up and said “I’ll take a shower with you grandpa”. Grandpa said “no that’s ok, not this time” in a flustered way. Kiva then looked at him with those liquid blue pool eyes and said “but Grandpa, I want to see what you look like in the shower”. Grandpa utterly nonplussed and sputtering...uh uh uh uh. I told Kiva that “grandpa likes his privacy when he takes a shower”, and she was immediately ok with that. The look on Ken’s face was utterly priceless though, sort of like a completely panicked landed fish gasping for air. That girl is such a treat, and has an innocence that just squeezes my heart (and grandpa’s). I can't wait for Jack to start speaking up, I know he has a LOT to say as soon as he get the mechanics down. He "talks to me" all the time anyway, I'm just not as good in his language as I want yet. [Joan]

No comments: