Jack is his usual sweet sunny self today. Did Jim tell you Jack got his own personal invitation to join the weavers group? The weavers group meets one thursday per month, and I have declined of course since I have Jack those days. Not an issue, I'll choose my darling boy over a guild meeting anytime, and I already go to the main guild meeting and the spinners group meeting. Well, last night the leader of the weavers group called me and told me they would LOVE to have Jack join the group with me. Her words "he is such a sweet baby". Well, we know that already. Today they had a meeting, but it was in Colfax so I told them it was too far. But next month it will be in Rocklin, so Jack and I will be going. Me to polish my weaving skills, Jack to enjoy "grannie heaven" again.
Jack is so cute, he crawls over next to me, turns around til he is comfortable, leans back against my leg as a back rest, and plays with his toys for a long time. He was so absorbed I looked over to see what he was doing. He was bent way over inspecting his boy parts, first gently poking with his thumb, then with his favorite plastic measuring cup, then the thumb, then the cup handle. He has to lean way over to see over the belly :-)
His attention span is amazing. He must have spent 15 minutes putting a little toy car into my hand, watching me make it disappear by closing my hand, prying my fingers open, taking the car back and laughing. We did this over and over, it was so funny. He is also throwing things, and putting objects inside another one and then taking them out. He is definitely a genius. Although Jack did spend a lot of time today bonking himself on the head with his plastic measuring cup. I wish I could say he didn't get that from Jim's side of his family, but truth is he probably does. [Joan]
May 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment