April 16, 2007

How do I Look?

Kiva was getting ready to get into the hot tub and stripped to the skin. She then twirled around, arms outstretched and asked with a totally free and spontaneous way..."how do I look?" Beautiful of course.

One morning this week Kiva arrived before Ken got up. When told that he was still sleeping, she wanted to go "surprise him up".

Today we were in the hot tub and Kiva told me that we needed to be careful because if we slipped under the lid we would have to be saved...grandpa would have to run and save us. She further told me that "I would save you if you got stuck." However she also told me that she is NOT AVAILABLE for saving people (her emphasis), but IS AVAILABLE for saving animals. Kiva said she is a very good saver." I asked her if that meant I was an animal, but she didn't get the connection.

Today at lunch we were having lunch when Kiva spotted an ant on a flower on the table. We then had a long discussion about whether ants could swim. Kiva is of the very firm opinion that ants cannot swim unless they are dead. Ken asked her what dead meant and she said it means.... two hand smacking smartly together to illustrate..."smashed". [Joan]

No comments: