March 1, 2007

Sproinngnnnnng, sproooooigniinnnng

Jack's fine motor skills are really moving along. I put some broken up cheerios on his high chair tray (broken really small so they weren't a choking hazard, and I stayed right with him in any event). He was soooooo intent on picking them up, working his little hands and fingers. He managed to get some of them into his fist, but can't quite manage the finger pickup yet...but is trying so hard. Once he had the fragment in his hand, he brought it to his mouth and made eating motions with his mouth. No food got from fist to mouth of course, but the little genius has the right idea. I was feeding him his lunch in any event. Jack spent some time this morning in his jolly jumper, and was loving it. Sproinngnnnnng, sproooooigniinnnng away. Also loves to sit on the floor and torment Dancer. too funny the two of them. Sometimes Jack pulls her hair and she just crouches down until he lets go and then takes off. Of course she comes back on her own five minutes later, so it can't be that bad. I also swear he said DADA today. In closing, we had a wonderful time, and I can really see you in him these days. Yes he looks like Dad, but that is partly the man thing, and I can definitely see your face in his.

p.s. I forgot to tell you this one.... in the afternoon around 1:30 he was having his bottle in our favorite rocking chair. Swilled it down contentedly, with eyes falling shut. But when he was done, he started squirming around and getting ready to cry, like he didn't want to fall asleep just yet. Started a loud howl, and fell asleep right in the middle of it! I laughed all afternoon about that one.
[Joan]

No comments: