February 8, 2007

An amazing conversationalist

Jack and I have spent a lot of time today "talking". he is an amazing conversationalist, and always waits until I am finished before he responds. Very attentive, gazes intently into my eyes while I am talking. It's clear he thinks I have extraordinary things to tell him. ;-) Jack makes a huge variety of sounds, and talks directly too me. I wish I could understand exactly what he was trying to say.
I saw some of the temper today. I had to put him down in his crib to take the phone to Ken, just for 2 minutes but he didn't know that, wow! he was howling. then in the afternoon, I gave him the rest of the peas and brown rice. He hadn't been to keen on it in the morning, but did eat half the jar. In the afternoon he took one bite and was off his head with rage. Tears, red face. I hastily heated the carrots and he inhaled them as fast as he could. Was in a great mood as soon as I started spooning in the carrots. No other symptoms of temper tantrums, so I'm not worried that our little mellow man has turned into the raging monster. But what a shock to see the sweetheart have a howling fit. He loved his bath again today, was deliberately splashing in the water with his hands and feet. Also sitting up very well. Also, we were up in my room playing and talking on my bed when Jim got here. I was making bee buzz sounds with my big stuffed bee and he was laughing really hard. As soon as the front door opened, he looked toward the bedroom door and didn't look back at me until after Jim came up the stairs and into the bedroom. I swear he knew his daddy had arrived, way before he saw him. Ken had come in the front door maybe 15 minutes earlier and Jack didn't pay any attention to it at all. The kid is another genius.

No comments: