July 26, 2005

The Hazmat Team

Too funny this morning...very helpful and caring. When she came into the living room, she got the water bottle off the side table, very solemnly offered a drink first to granpa then to me, then had one herself. Then she went after granpa's coffee - that is a "do not share" thing.

Then pushing the buttons on her music book she wanted to dance with each of us in turn. joyful and happy with herself and the world.

Made her french toast this morning for the first time. She liked it a lot, and got very very precise with sticking her baby fork into a small piece of french toast, then carefully dipping it into the little bowl of maple syrup I put next to her plate, then into her mouth. Kiva now announces when she is done eating, by pulling her bib off and saying "all done". If I don't get the message, she will still take another bite, but then spits it out while looking me in the eye.

After breakfast we watched one of the baby einstein videos, and promptly at 9am, Kiva laid her head on my knee. I asked her if she wanted her bottle, she took me by the hand and lead me into the kitchen. Fixed her bottle, and into bed and off to sleep. She is just waking up, I hear her stirring, probably taking care of "business" before she calls the hazmat team. [Joan]

No comments: